Introduction To Music Fundamentals And Lead-Sheet Terminology is intended for the beginning commercial musician. This book assumes no technical knowledge of music and starts from the premise that the reader is either currently (or soon to be) involved in private music study with someone who teaches an instrument (or voice) or plans to become proficient through self instruction and practical experience. The concise format presented offers an accelerated program that gets the beginning musician up and running within a relatively short span of time. More than 220 music examples demonstrate the concepts presented in the text. 168 pages.
A Brief Summary:
A Brief Summary:
- Chapters 1 through 9 provide a technical foundation for the survey of chord descriptions in Chapter 10.
- The opening chapter introduces notes and rests, concepts in rhythm and meter, repeat signs, and performance directions.
- Chapters 2, 3, and 4 present the subjects of pitch, scale, and key signature.
- Intervals, the minor mode, triads, and seventh chords follow in Chapters 5, 6, 7, and 9.
- Since a significant portion of commercial music and jazz involves scales and modes that are neither major nor minor, the topic of church modes is explored in Chapter 8.
- Chapter 10 outlines and analyzes the chord symbols typically represented in lead sheets.
An Alternative To Buying Our Books Online
If would you prefer not to purchase Introduction To Music Fundamentals And Lead-Sheet Terminology online with a credit card, then you may be able to find a local Barnes and Noble outlet where you can
- order the book online through customer service, pay in cash, and either pick up your order when it arrives or have it delivered to your address. Ask Barnes and Noble's customer service about free shipping!
- To find the location of a Barnes and Noble, use this link to the company's store locator.
- Barnes and Noble usually ships within 24 hours.
- Make sure that you take the author's name (David Nivans) and the ISBN with you to the store outlet.
- The ISBN is 9781937214036.
Before you leave, please bookmark our site and come back!